Full Mouth Reconstruction
When Dr. Chaikin recommends a full mouth reconstruction, it will typically rectify the following dental problems:
- Excessive tooth decay found throughout the mouth
- Aging and/or failing dental work
- Overbite, Underbite, TMJ pains, mild facial collapse
- One or more missing teeth
Before commencing with the treatment, our team conducts a number of exams because each patient’s dental anatomy is unique. The combination of these exams allows us to maximize the effectiveness of your treatment plan.
Reasons For Getting Full Mouth Reconstruction
Sometimes full mouth reconstruction is the best way to restore your dental health quickly. If you have several missing teeth, you may have teeth that have migrated (moved). Tooth migrations can cause a multitude of problems such as gum erosion, tooth crowding/gaping,
Over the years, have you had dental work such as crowns, veneers, fillings, or other dental appliances? If so, it is likely that the dental work is antiquated and not in step with advanced dentistry. For instance,
- Old mercury-laced fillings have been replaced with composite (tooth-colored) fillings
- Older implants are now supplanted by stronger materials that mimic natural better
- Dental standards and methods have changed making these procedures less time-consuming and more effective
Full mouth reconstruction also gives Dr. Chiakin the opportunity to properly adjust your teeth’s biting position. Typically, this type of dentistry is not available during tooth-by-tooth procedures.
Types of Reconstruction Treatment
Full mouth reconstructions are planned according to the needs of your oral health and your desired look. Hence, there are several types of reconstructions. Some reconstructions will take longer than others due to the procedures required. Some of the styles of full mouth reconstructions include:
- Bite & Jaw Repositioning
- Reconstruction & Implants
- Mild Profile Enhancement
- Non-Invasive Reconstruction
The benefits of full mouth reconstruction are unprecedented. The procedure has existed for decades but has continually improved with the advent of new dental technologies and methods. Dr. Chaikin has incorporated the latest dental strategies of full mouth reconstructions for the benefit of all her patients. Would you like to have a consultation about improving your oral health with a full mouth reconstruction? Convey Dental Arts invites you to contact us at 858-565-2811 or schedule an appointment online.